Strawberry Fields - Erdbeerfelder



Dear friends,


It must be because of the first night frosts, the damp and misty mornings and the early sunsets that right now I feel a strong need to crochet shawls.

Some time ago I came across Stylecraft's Merry go Round “Candy Rock” (it feels more like strawberry fields to me though) and I simply could not resist... Therefore I intended crocheting a shawl in Candy Rock for myself.

I had nearly finished one skein when we were remained of the birthday of my husband's godchild next Sunday...

ARGH!!!

The colour-scheme of Candy Rock being quite girlish (the godchild in question turns 6) I knew I held a perfect present in my hands... Hmpf... Thus I finished the skein, crocheted a border (choosing Candyfloss, White and Spring Green), blocked the shawl and: Ta-Dah!
  



Here it is!


 
A bit small for Josephine though...
 
Here is Kolumbus again!
 
I'm off making the next 24 granny squares for the blanket before I have another go at another shawl... I'll keep in touch!



Liebe Freunde,


es liegt bestimmt an den ersten Nachtfrösten, an den nebelverhangenen Vormittagen und an den zunehmend kürzeren Tagen, dass mir danach zumute ist, Schals zu häkeln.

Es ist schon eine Weile her, als mich „Candy Rock“ von Stylecraft „Merry Go Round“ angestrahlt hat (und ich der Versuchung nicht widerstehen konnte). Deshalb habe ich letzte Woche (nachdem der Rote-Wein-Schal fertig war) ein neues Dreieckstuch angefangen, wohlgemerkt für mich.

Ich hatte das erste Knäuel schon fast gänzlich verbraucht, als wir (zum Glück) an den Geburtstag vom Patenkind meines Mannes erinnert wurden. Nächsten Sonntag.

HILFE!!!

Nun ja... Die Farbzusammenstellung von Candy Rock ist schon etwas mädchenhaft (das Patenkind wird 6)... Ich hielt also das perfekte Geschenk in den Händen... Seufz... Knäuel zu Ende und eine Schmuckborte um das Dreieckstuch gehäkelt (in Candyfloss, White und Spring Green), über Nacht gespannt … und fertig!


Hier ist der Erdbeerschal!


Etwas klein für Josephine ist der Schal schon …


  
Nun häkele ich erst mal 24 weitere Granny Squares für die Decke, bevor ich einen neuen Angriff auf das nächste Dreieckstuch mache... Ich halte euch auf dem Laufenden!

Kolumbus ist auch schon wieder da!

Kommentare

  1. That is a perfect gift indeed! It almost seems springtime :-)
    And I love the edgings too!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. As Candy Rock feels like Strawberries that would be springtime indeed! Thank you!

      Löschen
  2. Hi i love your shawl and the edging you have done are you going to make a pattern for it your's is so beautiful

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Actually the edging is very similar to the finishing of Lucienne's Summer Mandala. Row 1 (dc + ch 1), Row 2 ( dc in loop, ch 1, [tr, ch 1, tr, ch 1, tr] in next loop, ch 1), Row 3 {ds in dc, ch 2, dc in 1st loop (between 1st tr and 2nd tr), [dc, ch 3, dc] in 2nd tr, dc in next loop (between 2nd tr and 3rd tr), ch 2}. I hope this makes any sense... Happy crocheting, Marjan

      Löschen
  3. I love pink and green together! Love this! Thanks for sharing at Submarine Sunday!!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. The colours-scheme came all by itself (due to the yarn), but I like it too (would not have chosen it otherwise....)!

      Löschen

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Beliebte Posts